USA: Fleming supplying Lewis Jones' stores with grocery, frozen and dairy products
Fleming (NYSE:FLM) today announced the company is supplying the seven Lewis Jones stores operating in and around Columbus, Georgia. Fleming's Geneva Division will serve the Lewis Jones stores. "We are pleased to be adding another strong independent retailer," said Steve Davis, Executive Vice President and President, Wholesale. "Fleming continues to grow traditional distribution sales to independent grocers with buying efficiency and distribution effectiveness." Andy Riethmaier of ASR Enterprises recently purchased the seven Lewis Jones food stores from Cary and Jerry Jones. Lewis Jones is a multi-store independent that was founded in 1933. There are five Lewis Jones stores in the Columbus, Georgia, area. In addition, there is one store in Manchester and one store in Thomaston, Georgia. "The Lewis Jones stores are known for their quality operations. We are excited about Fleming contributing to the Lewis Jones tradition of having the freshest produce and highest-quality meats," stated Andy Riethmaier, ASR Enterprises President. Fleming is a $15 billion company and industry leader in distribution and has a growing presence in value retailing. Fleming's primary business is buying and selling merchandise. The company serves approximately 3,000 supermarkets, 3,000 convenience stores and nearly 1,000 supercenters, discount, limited assortment, drug, specialty, e-tailers and other businesses across the country.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review