USA: Fleming Supplying Webvan's Oakland Distribution Center With Grocery, Frozen and Dairy Products
From this facility, Webvan delivers groceries and other consumer products to customers throughout Northern California.
"We appreciate the opportunity to support this leading e-commerce retailer with our logistics expertise and buying efficiency," said Fleming Chairman and CEO Mark Hansen. "We are committed to demonstrating that Fleming delivers Webvan the best service and value of any other fulfillment option." In January, Webvan selected Fleming as a supplier of choice for multiple Webvan distribution centers.
Webvan Group, Inc. is setting a new standard for Internet retailing, combining for the first time the convenience of online shopping with a personalized courier service that delivers products into customers' homes within a 30-minute window of their choosing. Through its Web site, http://www.webvan.com, Webvan offers a broad selection of quality products at competitive prices.
Fleming is a $15 billion company and industry leader in distribution and has a growing presence in value retailing and business-to-business e-commerce. Fleming's primary business is buying and selling merchandise. The company serves approximately 3,000 supermarkets, 3,000 convenience stores and nearly 1,000 supercenters, plus discount, limited assortment, drug, specialty, e-tailers and other businesses across the country.
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw