USA: Fleming Supplying Webvan's Oakland Distribution Center With Grocery, Frozen and Dairy Products
Fleming today announced the company is supplying the Oakland, California distribution center of Webvan Group, Inc. with grocery, frozen and dairy products. From this facility, Webvan delivers groceries and other consumer products to customers throughout Northern California. "We appreciate the opportunity to support this leading e-commerce retailer with our logistics expertise and buying efficiency," said Fleming Chairman and CEO Mark Hansen. "We are committed to demonstrating that Fleming delivers Webvan the best service and value of any other fulfillment option." In January, Webvan selected Fleming as a supplier of choice for multiple Webvan distribution centers. Webvan Group, Inc. is setting a new standard for Internet retailing, combining for the first time the convenience of online shopping with a personalized courier service that delivers products into customers' homes within a 30-minute window of their choosing. Through its Web site,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund