USA: Fleming Supplying Webvan's Oakland Distribution Center With Grocery, Frozen and Dairy Products
Fleming today announced the company is supplying the Oakland, California distribution center of Webvan Group, Inc. with grocery, frozen and dairy products. From this facility, Webvan delivers groceries and other consumer products to customers throughout Northern California. "We appreciate the opportunity to support this leading e-commerce retailer with our logistics expertise and buying efficiency," said Fleming Chairman and CEO Mark Hansen. "We are committed to demonstrating that Fleming delivers Webvan the best service and value of any other fulfillment option." In January, Webvan selected Fleming as a supplier of choice for multiple Webvan distribution centers. Webvan Group, Inc. is setting a new standard for Internet retailing, combining for the first time the convenience of online shopping with a personalized courier service that delivers products into customers' homes within a 30-minute window of their choosing. Through its Web site,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales