USA: Fleming to acquire five Smith's Food & Drug Stores
Fleming (NYSE:FLM) Friday (19 August) announced that the company has reached an agreement to acquire five Smith's Food & Drug stores from Kroger in the El Paso, Texas and Las Cruces, N.M. markets. The five Smith's stores, which Fleming will operate as part of the company's growing price impact retail group under the Rainbow® banner, include:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units