UK: Fletchers hints at expansion, secures refinancing deal
Fletchers is a supplier of bakery products to Sainsbury's and Tesco
Fletchers Group of Bakeries has secured GBP4.5m (US$7.3m) as part of a refinancing deal with ABN Amro in a move that will allow the group to invest in growth.
Speaking to just-food today (6 February), a spokesperson said the company would invest in organic growth, spending a big portion of the cash on improving existing sites in London, Manchester and Sheffield. He added that the baker would not "rule out" the "potential for strategic acquisitions."
The agreement represents a renewal of existing loan facilities and is part of a five-year GBP22m refinancing deal with ABN Amro.
As yet Fletchers has not established a timetable for its investment programme. However, since the refinancing deal spans three-to-five years, the spokesperson revealed: "whatever happens will happen in that timeframe."
In the last year the firm announced a number of developments including the closure of a non-profitable facility in Barnsley. No further closures are planned.
J Sainsbury plc - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offering...
J Sainsbury plc (SBRY) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by Glob...
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity unde...
Canadean's "Tesco Kipa Kitle Pazarlama Ticaret ve Gida Sanayi A.S. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations...
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- McDonald's antibiotics move may be seminal moment
- M&A Watch: Who could be on 3G Capital's radar?
- Viewpoint: Faber-led Danone gets realistic
- Green Giant talk underlines pressure at Gen Mills
- UPDATE: Heinz, Kraft strike merger agreement
- Kraft "in buyout talks" with Heinz owner 3G
- Fatal explosion at French desserts firm Senagral
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business
- Buffett: Kraft Heinz to withstand health focus