FRANCE: Fleury Michon to build ham plant
French charcuterie and ready meals specialist Fleury Michon has confirmed that construction is underway on a production plant in Cambrai, in northern France.
Attracting investment of EUR40m (US$57.9m), the plant will specialise in the production and packaging of cooked ham products.
It is scheduled to open in April 2012, employing 100 staff and the workforce could rise to 200 in 2013.
The project to build a plant in Cambrai was first mooted in 2006 but was mothballed when business was impacted by the global economic crisis.
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti