USA: Flora promoted to president of Kroger's Michigan division
The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) today announced that Jon C. Flora has been promoted to president of the Company's Michigan division, which operates 106 stores in that state.Mr. Flora, 45, replaces Marnette Perry, who earlier this week was named president of the Company's Columbus (OH) division. Mr. Flora most recently served as executive vice president of Kroger's Southwest division, which operates 182 stores in Texas and Louisiana. He has held that position since 1996."Jon Flora brings a wealth of retail operations and marketing experience to his new post," said David B. Dillon, Kroger president and chief operating officer. "He has played a critical role on the team which built our Southwest operations into the strength that it is today, and we're confident that he will bring the same commitment and energy to our Michigan division."Mr. Flora began his retail career at Dillon Stores in 1971. He has served in a variety of management positions during the past 29 years, including grocery operations, real estate, marketing, distribution and transportation. Prior to joining Kroger's Southwest division, Mr. Flora was executive vice president of marketing, distribution and transportation at Dillon Stores in Hutchinson (KS).Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, Kroger is the nation's largest retail grocery chain. At the end of the second quarter of fiscal 2000, the Company operated 2,338 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under more than a dozen banners, including Kroger, Fred Meyer, Ralphs, Smith's, King Soopers, Dillon, Fry's, City Market, Food 4 Less and Quality Food Centers. Kroger also operates 789 convenience stores, 397 fine jewelry stores and 42 food processing plants.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image