UK: Florette launches croutons with Symington's tie-up
Florette hopes croutons will attract new consumers to category in UK
Salad producer Florette has added croutons to its portfolio in the UK through a tie-up with local food group Symington's.
The companies have developed "duo-flavoured" croutons, which Florette claimed was a category first.
"Croutons are very much a part of the salad occasion; by entering the crouton market, we are able to offer consumers a point of difference and excite them with a new style of product," Florette commercial director Sandy Sewell said. "We anticipate the launch of our duo-flavoured croutons will help to attract new customers to the category and entice regular salad eaters to try something new and different."
The two lines - red pepper and sweet basil, plus Italian cheese and sundried tomato - come in 75g bags and have a recommended price of GBP1.20 (US$2.01).
The Global Soup market comprises of packaged soup that is manufactured and sold in liquid, dehydrated, instant, chilled, frozen, and UHT soup forms....
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global seasonings, dressings & sauces market during December 2013. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an ...
Synopsis Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the latest happenings in the global wine market throughout the month. The monthly report provides the reader with the top-l...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global soups market during October 2014....
- Mead Johnson wrestles "irrational" Chinese market
- Campbell Soup Co.'s M&A plans should avoid fresh
- On the money: Unilever aims to get food growing
- 10 things to learn: Campbell's plans for growth
- Interview: Seabrook Crisps chief on MBO
- Hain Celestial buys plant-based food firm Mona
- Danone eyes "return to growth" in fresh dairy
- UPDATE: Danone merges Dumex with Mengniu
- Nestle replaces India MD after Maggi scandal
- Post, TreeHouse "in talks over ConAgra own-label"