Florette launches salad kits in Spain
Florette said demand for "complete" salads was booming in Spain
France-based produce group Florette has launched a range of salad products in Spain that offers consumers a complete meal.
The Menu Completo products contain ingredients including salad leaves and chicken. Florette has developed two lines - an Italian-style product that also contains pasta and an Oriental kit that comes with couscous and raisins. The 315-320g packs have a suggested price of EUR4.
Florette said demand for packaged salad continued to increase in Spain as consumers looked for healthy and convenient products.
The company said there was increasing interest in "complete" lines like Menu Completo. The segment was growing at 70% in Spain, it said, citing data from Qlik View. In France and Ireland, the segment was up 20%.
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw