USA: Florida launches obesity task force
Florida Governor Jeb Bush has appointed a task force to study how to bring down obesity levels in his state. With 60% of Floridians overweight, and obesity rates in all age categories increasing, citizens of Florida are becoming as round as their famous oranges. Less than 26% of Florida adults eat the daily recommended five servings of fruits and vegetables, with around the same amount categorised as physically inactive.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why US foodservice could offer route to growth
- Foodservice in the US - what the analysts say
- Sustainability Watch: The US packaging challenge
- UK organic industry's bullish outlook
- Why "simple" and "real" will be industry buzzwords
- UPDATE: Mondelez confirms Irish plant changes
- WhiteWave launches "Australian-style" yoghurt
- Bright Food "to buy 70% of Tnuva"
- Saputo's Warrnambool to buy Lion's cheese arm
- Thorntons sales, profits fall