USA: Florida launches obesity task force
Florida Governor Jeb Bush has appointed a task force to study how to bring down obesity levels in his state. With 60% of Floridians overweight, and obesity rates in all age categories increasing, citizens of Florida are becoming as round as their famous oranges. Less than 26% of Florida adults eat the daily recommended five servings of fruits and vegetables, with around the same amount categorised as physically inactive.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why Mars rice plan not just crop-ticking exercise
- ConAgra Foods: what could happen next? - analysis
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- Interview: Ritter sees growth potential in US, EU
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- Aryzta regional CEO steps down
- Maple Leaf Foods to cut over 400 jobs
- Hovis plans cuts amid anxiety over UK bread demand
- "Serious" suitors lined up for Chicken of The Sea