USA: Florida launches obesity task force
Florida Governor Jeb Bush has appointed a task force to study how to bring down obesity levels in his state. With 60% of Floridians overweight, and obesity rates in all age categories increasing, citizens of Florida are becoming as round as their famous oranges. Less than 26% of Florida adults eat the daily recommended five servings of fruits and vegetables, with around the same amount categorised as physically inactive.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- England child obesity plan should cheer industry
- What lies ahead for Tyrrells and Amplify?
- Hain accounting issue rounds off problem year
- McDonald's, Starbucks, Elior: foodservice round-up
- Lotus Bakeries enjoys growth organically, via M&A
- Smucker cuts forecast as sales decline
- Unite outlines 2 Sisters stance on UK pizza site
- Arla Foods to help Nigeria's dairy development
- Orior to acquire Culinor Food Group