USA: Florida launches obesity task force
Florida Governor Jeb Bush has appointed a task force to study how to bring down obesity levels in his state. With 60% of Floridians overweight, and obesity rates in all age categories increasing, citizens of Florida are becoming as round as their famous oranges. Less than 26% of Florida adults eat the daily recommended five servings of fruits and vegetables, with around the same amount categorised as physically inactive.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Mondelez on China, Hershey and Q2 results
- Nestle catering for an ageing global population
- Food companies can lead on workplace nutrition
- What post-Brexit trade with the EU could look like
- Unilever is "working harder" in tough environment
- Kar's gets Non-GMO verification for Second Nature
- Tesco drops John West products over sustainability
- Kerry Foods sets its sights on C-sector
- Mondelez less certain on 2016 revenue growth
- Brexit - UK food sector pessimistic on medium-term