USA: Florida launches obesity task force
Florida Governor Jeb Bush has appointed a task force to study how to bring down obesity levels in his state. With 60% of Floridians overweight, and obesity rates in all age categories increasing, citizens of Florida are becoming as round as their famous oranges. Less than 26% of Florida adults eat the daily recommended five servings of fruits and vegetables, with around the same amount categorised as physically inactive.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nomad's post-Iglo opportunities
- Focus: Can Arla jump-start UK flavoured milk?
- PepsiCo underlines the challenge on health
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Hershey's long-term confidence on China
- Tesco delists Rachel's Organic yoghurt range
- Hostess sale rumours hit headlines again
- Hershey cuts sales forecast on forex and China
- Bongrain investors approve name change
- BRF in JV with UK foodservice firm Invicta