US: Flowers closes Earthgrains, Sara Lee deal
Flowers closes Sara Lee, Earthgrains deal
The deal, which was approved by the US Department of Justice in October, had been delayed when Bimbo attempted to pull out of the agreement. It will see Flowers increase its share of the Californian bakery market, the group said.
"Now that the transaction has closed, the rollout of Sara Lee and Earthgrains products on our distribution routes will begin immediately in Southern California and continue northward in phases over the coming months," said George Deese, chairman CEO.
Flowers will also find out whether its bid to acquire the Hostess Brands bread business is successful this week. The group is currently the stalking horse bidder for various Hostess bread brands, with a competitive auction scheduled to take place tomorrow (28 February).
Earlier this month, Flowers delayed providing guidance for 2013 pending the outcome of these two acquisitions.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details