US: Flowers closes Earthgrains, Sara Lee deal
Flowers closes Sara Lee, Earthgrains deal
The deal, which was approved by the US Department of Justice in October, had been delayed when Bimbo attempted to pull out of the agreement. It will see Flowers increase its share of the Californian bakery market, the group said.
"Now that the transaction has closed, the rollout of Sara Lee and Earthgrains products on our distribution routes will begin immediately in Southern California and continue northward in phases over the coming months," said George Deese, chairman CEO.
Flowers will also find out whether its bid to acquire the Hostess Brands bread business is successful this week. The group is currently the stalking horse bidder for various Hostess bread brands, with a competitive auction scheduled to take place tomorrow (28 February).
Earlier this month, Flowers delayed providing guidance for 2013 pending the outcome of these two acquisitions.
Sara Lee Foodservice is now solely focused on bakery products and chilled processed meat....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Bread in US$ Million. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Rest of World....
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report