USA: Flowers Foods posts 52% higher quarterly profit
US bakery firm Flowers Foods has reported a 52% rise in quarterly profit boosted by acquisitions. The Thomasville, Georgia-based company posted net income of US$12.5m, or 27 cents a share, for the third quarter to 4 October, compared to $8.2m, or 18 cents a share, a year earlier. Earnings from continuing operations rose to 28 cents a share, from 24 cents a share a year earlier.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw