US: Flowers Foods recalls Mrs Freshley's cereal bars
The company announced the recall yesterday (4 October) as consumers with allergies to dairy products run the risk of having an allergic reaction
US baker Flowers Foods has issued a recall of its Mrs Freshley's multipack cereal bars because the products may contain undeclared non-fat dry milk.
The products are labelled in English and French and include Mrs Freshley's Canadian Label Apple Cinnamon Fruit and Pastry Cereal Bars, Mrs Freshley's Canadian Label Blueberry Fruit and Pastry Cereal Bars and Mrs Freshley's Canadian Label Strawberry Fruit and Pastry Cereal Bars.
The company announced the recall yesterday (4 October) as consumers with allergies to dairy products run the risk of having an allergic reaction.
The recall was initiated after Flowers discovered that product containing non-fat dry milk was distributed in packaging that did not reveal the presence of milk, and that product labelled for sale and distribution in Canada was sold for distribution in the US.
No illnesses have been reported to date, the company said.
Customers who purchased the dual-language labelled Mrs Freshley's cereal bars are advised to return them to the place of purchase.
Click here for specific details of the recall.
Flowers Foods has forecast a return to earnings growth in 2012 despite continued pressure from input costs....
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019