US: Flowers Foods recalls Mrs Freshley's cereal bars
The company announced the recall yesterday (4 October) as consumers with allergies to dairy products run the risk of having an allergic reaction
US baker Flowers Foods has issued a recall of its Mrs Freshley's multipack cereal bars because the products may contain undeclared non-fat dry milk.
The products are labelled in English and French and include Mrs Freshley's Canadian Label Apple Cinnamon Fruit and Pastry Cereal Bars, Mrs Freshley's Canadian Label Blueberry Fruit and Pastry Cereal Bars and Mrs Freshley's Canadian Label Strawberry Fruit and Pastry Cereal Bars.
The company announced the recall yesterday (4 October) as consumers with allergies to dairy products run the risk of having an allergic reaction.
The recall was initiated after Flowers discovered that product containing non-fat dry milk was distributed in packaging that did not reveal the presence of milk, and that product labelled for sale and distribution in Canada was sold for distribution in the US.
No illnesses have been reported to date, the company said.
Customers who purchased the dual-language labelled Mrs Freshley's cereal bars are advised to return them to the place of purchase.
Click here for specific details of the recall.
Flowers Foods has forecast a return to earnings growth in 2012 despite continued pressure from input costs....
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Global factors hold sway over UK milk prices
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- Premier Foods hails "improving" sales trends
- PepsiCo rolls out "sweet" Cheetos
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report