USA: Flowers Foods reports narrower Q1 net loss
US wholesale bakery company Flowers Foods has posted a narrower quarterly net loss on a near 10% rise in sales. The Georgia-based company reported a net loss of US$5.7m for the first quarter to 19 April, compared with a year-earlier loss of $21.4m. The loss in the latest quarter included charges of £19.3m relating to discontinued operations.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group