USA: Flowers Foods reports record sales and results for third quarter
Flowers Foods (NYSE: FLO) yesterday reported sales for its 12-week quarter ended October 6, 2001 were $385.6 million, a 4.5% increase over the $369.1 million recorded in the same quarter a year ago. Earnings from continuing operations were $8.5 million, or $.42 per share, compared to a loss of $7.4 million, or $.37 per share, for the third quarter last year. EBITDA for the quarter was $33.0 million, or 8.6% of sales, compared to $17.4 million, or 4.7% of sales, for the comparable quarter last year. EBITDA per share was $1.64, compared to $.87 for the same quarter last year. (EBITDA as presented represents continuing operations before non- recurring items. The company had no non-recurring items in this year's third quarter but did have such charges in the third quarter of 2000.)
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods