USA: Flowers Foods reports record sales and results for third quarter
Flowers Foods (NYSE: FLO) yesterday reported sales for its 12-week quarter ended October 6, 2001 were $385.6 million, a 4.5% increase over the $369.1 million recorded in the same quarter a year ago. Earnings from continuing operations were $8.5 million, or $.42 per share, compared to a loss of $7.4 million, or $.37 per share, for the third quarter last year. EBITDA for the quarter was $33.0 million, or 8.6% of sales, compared to $17.4 million, or 4.7% of sales, for the comparable quarter last year. EBITDA per share was $1.64, compared to $.87 for the same quarter last year. (EBITDA as presented represents continuing operations before non- recurring items. The company had no non-recurring items in this year's third quarter but did have such charges in the third quarter of 2000.)
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report