USA: Flowers Foods reports record sales and results for third quarter
Flowers Foods (NYSE: FLO) yesterday reported sales for its 12-week quarter ended October 6, 2001 were $385.6 million, a 4.5% increase over the $369.1 million recorded in the same quarter a year ago. Earnings from continuing operations were $8.5 million, or $.42 per share, compared to a loss of $7.4 million, or $.37 per share, for the third quarter last year. EBITDA for the quarter was $33.0 million, or 8.6% of sales, compared to $17.4 million, or 4.7% of sales, for the comparable quarter last year. EBITDA per share was $1.64, compared to $.87 for the same quarter last year. (EBITDA as presented represents continuing operations before non- recurring items. The company had no non-recurring items in this year's third quarter but did have such charges in the third quarter of 2000.)
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs