USA: Flowers Foods sees Q2 closure of Mrs Smith's sale
Wholesale bakery company Flowers Foods has said it now expects to close the sale of its Mrs Smith's frozen dessert business to Schwan Food is its fiscal second quarter. Flowers had originally expected to close the deal in the first quarter but the deal was delayed due to an extended review by US competition authorities. Flowers' second quarter starts on 20 April.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action