USA: Flowers Foods sees Q2 closure of Mrs Smith's sale
Wholesale bakery company Flowers Foods has said it now expects to close the sale of its Mrs Smith's frozen dessert business to Schwan Food is its fiscal second quarter. Flowers had originally expected to close the deal in the first quarter but the deal was delayed due to an extended review by US competition authorities. Flowers' second quarter starts on 20 April.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife