UK: FOE calls for long-term aid for sustainable farming
Friends of the Earth has welcomed yesterday's recommendations by Lord Haskins for short term support for farmers and small businesses hit by the Foot and Mouth Crisis. But FOE is disappointed by Lord Haskin's suggestion that farmers should not expect long term support. FOE is calling for a radical new agricultural policy which rewards farmers for good stewardship of the land, protection of wildlife and contributions to the local economy.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry