UK: FOE calls for long-term aid for sustainable farming
Friends of the Earth has welcomed yesterday's recommendations by Lord Haskins for short term support for farmers and small businesses hit by the Foot and Mouth Crisis. But FOE is disappointed by Lord Haskin's suggestion that farmers should not expect long term support. FOE is calling for a radical new agricultural policy which rewards farmers for good stewardship of the land, protection of wildlife and contributions to the local economy.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1