UK: FOE says latest government GM trials ignore consumer, farming concerns
The UK government's announcement yesterday [Monday] of the locations for the latest, and last, round of GM farm-scale evaluations, has been slammed by environmental pressure group Friends of the Earth (FoE). There are 18 GM oil seed rape sites altogether. Sixteen in England, and two sites in Scotland. The results of the trials are due to be published next year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast