UK: FoE slams biotech blunder in GM crop trials
Environmental pressure group Friends of the Earth (FoE) is calling for an immediate halt to the outdoor testing of GM crops following the revelation yesterday [Thursday] that the Aventis GM oilseed rape used in the controversial farmscale trials was contaminated with another GM variety. With the last of the farm scale trials due to be planted next week, FoE supports the call from the government's advisors ACRE (Advisory Committee on Releases to the Environment) for a delay.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units