UK: FoE slams biotech blunder in GM crop trials
Environmental pressure group Friends of the Earth (FoE) is calling for an immediate halt to the outdoor testing of GM crops following the revelation yesterday [Thursday] that the Aventis GM oilseed rape used in the controversial farmscale trials was contaminated with another GM variety. With the last of the farm scale trials due to be planted next week, FoE supports the call from the government's advisors ACRE (Advisory Committee on Releases to the Environment) for a delay.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe