UK: FoE slams biotech blunder in GM crop trials
Environmental pressure group Friends of the Earth (FoE) is calling for an immediate halt to the outdoor testing of GM crops following the revelation yesterday [Thursday] that the Aventis GM oilseed rape used in the controversial farmscale trials was contaminated with another GM variety. With the last of the farm scale trials due to be planted next week, FoE supports the call from the government's advisors ACRE (Advisory Committee on Releases to the Environment) for a delay.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes