UK: Fonseca Launches Best British Cheeseboard 2000
Leading Port house Fonseca Guimaraens is launching, as part of the British Cheese Awards, its annual challenge for all members of the hotel, restaurant and catering industry entitled the Fonseca Best British Cheeseboard.Now in its third year, the competition seeks to reward creativity and choice in the cheese course by offering the winner of this prestigious award and a colleague (or partner a memorable trip to Portugal. Here they will visit the famous Fonseca vineyards, which overlook the beautiful Douro Valley (in Northern Portugal) - home to Port.Commenting from Fonseca Guimaraen's head office in Portugal, Managing Dirtector Adrian Bridge said: "the momentum and support we have received for this competition has been very encouraging. Not only does the United Kingdom boast an enviable selection of local cheeses, but the innovation of its chefs, managers and waiting staff has offered the perfect opportunity to excel in this field with skill and imagination. As a leading Port house, we feel that it is our fundamental duty to support and encourage this important and growing category which in turn provides the perfect marriage for our Ports."Entrants to the competition are asked to submit a photograph of their cheeseboard accompanied by a menu, information on the cheeseboard and suggested wine servings to match the selection. The finalists will be invited to a gala dinner at the British Cheese Awards in Stow-on -the-Wold which will be held on 29 September. Head Chef, Mark Treasure, from The Feathers Hotel in Woodstiock picked up the award last year closely followed by the Berlioz Restaurant in Birmingham and the Chester Boyd Team.Those wishing to enter the Fonseca Best British Cheeseboard 2000 should contact The British Cheese Awards at Old Woolman's House, Hastings Hill, Churchill, Oxfordshire OX7 6NA. Tel: 01608 659325.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review