NEW ZEALAND: Fonterra announces new strategy, slams A2 claims
New Zealand dairy giant Fonterra has slammed A2 Corporation's lawsuit against it as irresponsible.
A2 has filed a lawsuit against the dairy company asking the court to make it mandatory for Fonterra to place health warnings on any products containing the A1 milk protein, which A2 claims is harmful.
Fonterra CEO Craig Norgate said that the A2 legal action would not affect the company's newly announced strategy for higher returns for its 13,000 farmer-shareholders, reported the Dominion Post.
Fonterra is targeting returns of at least 13-15% for farmers on top of the payment they receive for their milk.
For an earlier just-food story about the A2 lawsuit, click here.
Dairy company Fonterra Co-operative Group has announced that Bonlac Supply Company shareholders today voted 94% cent in favour of Fonterra's offer to restructure Bonlac Foods Limited which, as a resul...
Dairy company Fonterra today (Monday) announced its final plans for re-establishing milk-processing operations at its Takaka site, damaged by fire last month. Changes to the site mean that one-third f...
New Zealand dairy group Fonterra Co-operative has reiterated its ambition to make further acquisitions in Australia, which generates about 10% of its income, according to the Sydney Morning Herald new...
Dairy company Fonterra Co-operative Group Ltd has today (Tuesday) announced a series of organisational changes which it says are intended to enhance its innovation and manufacturing capabilities....
New Zealand dairy company Fonterra today (Tuesday) has announced that it is consolidating all its interests in Australia under the Fonterra name and further expanding its milk collection and processin...
More than 140 jobs will be lost in the Goulburn Valley town of Tongala in Victoria after food company Nestle's decision to stop powdered milk production, according to the Australian Broadcasting Corpo...
Philippine food and beverage conglomerate San Miguel has declared its offer for Australian dairy company National Foods unconditional, even though it has not reached the 50% minimum acceptance conditi...
New Zealand dairy company Fonterra has formed a new joint venture with South African dairy company Clover Industries Ltd after getting the go-ahead from South Africa's Competition Tribunal, the New Ze...
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review