NEW ZEALAND: Fonterra gets higher bid for NZ Dairy Foods from Rank
New Zealand dairy producer Fonterra said is has been offered a further NZ$0.05 (US$0.02) per share by Rank Group, which wants to acquire NZ Dairy Foods. The new comes as Fonterra is trying to face down a rebellion among farmers angry at the price it has already accepted for NZ Dairy Foods from food magnate Graeme Hart - NZ$1.7 per share, valuing the group at NZ$119m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China