NEW ZEALAND: Fonterra to double UHT milk supply
Fonterra ups UHT production
New Zealand dairy co-operative Fonterra plans to invest NZD100m (US$82m) to double its UHT milk supply in order to service emerging markets in Asia.
Fonterra said today (27 February) that it will spend more than NZD100m to build a new UHT milk processing plant at its Waitoa site in Waikato.
"The new plant will enable us to increase our UHT production by 100% over the next few years," said Fonterra's CEO, Theo Spierings. "Products from the new plant will be bound for Asia markets."
Supplying the plant year-round will require more Fonterra farmers to sign winter contracts, which will include a premium price because winter months are outside of the traditional milk supply season. An initial survey in New Zealand's North Island suggests "a good proportion" of farmers would be keen to sign a winter contract, said Spierings.
The new plant will predominantely produce UHT milk and cream for foodservice sectors. Meanwhile, domestic UHT milk production, including supply for Fonterra Milk for Schools, will be concentrated at the firm's Takanini facility in Auckland.
Fonterra Brands (New Young) Pte Ltd plans to promote its products by sponsoring cooking events, seminars or competitions and by sharing the recipes with dairy products and butter. The majority of its ...
After Lindt & Sprungli reported higher solid first-half results last week, just-food interviewed the Swiss chocolate group's CEO Ernst Tanner to discuss its growth in mature markets and its patient st...
Fonterra Brands (NZ) Ltd is expected to remain focused on driving sales of key brands within the dairy categories in which it is present. Constant new product development and innovation are expected t...
New Zealand dairy giant Fonterra said it remains "committed" to Sri Lanka, despite initiating a temporary suspension on operations in the country....
Over the forecast period, Fonterra Brands (Hong Kong) Ltd is expected to focus its efforts on dominating the supply of dairy products in the foodservice channel. This is likely to be achieved by gener...
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Artisanal Ice Cream category in Australia, analyzing consumption volumes and values. It also provides indispensable data on distribution ...
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report