NEW ZEALAND: Fonterra to pay NZ$5.33/kg for milk solids; Fencepost CEO named
New Zealand dairy giant Fonterra today [Friday] confirmed it will pay its farmers a record NZ$5.33 (US$2.56) per kilogram of milk solids for the current season, although next year payment will drop significantly. The payments, less three cents per kg for what the company refers to as "industry good activities," will put NZ$5.7bn into provincial New Zealand, said Fonterra in a statement. However, the company's best estimate for its payout next year is NZ$4.00 per kg, less 3c for industry good activities.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund