JAPAN: Food administration overhaul necessary to improve safety image
Officials from Japan's government revealed on Friday that discussions will soon be held to establish by the end of June whether to set up a new food administration body in place of the Food Agency. Japan's ruling Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) proposed the idea in a report on food safety, explaining that the government is suffering from a tarred food safety image in the aftermath of news about the outbreak of mad cow disease in the country last September.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth