EU: "Food browning" process linked to cancer risk - EFSA
EFSA links food browning process to cancer risk
The European Food Safety Authority has linked the presence of acrylamide -a chemical produced by the same process that browns food - to potentially increased cancer risks in consumers of all age groups.
The EFSA said: "Coffee, fried potato products, biscuits, crackers and crisp breads, soft bread and certain baby foods are important dietary sources of acrylamide."
The food safety body has opened a public consultation on its findings, which will run until 15 September. The deadline for EFSA to adopt a final opinion is June 2015.
"Once finalised, EFSA's scientific advice will support European and national decision-makers to consider possible measures to further reduce consumer exposure to this substance in food," the EFSA said.
Yoghurt in France is expected to see 1% current value growth in 2014, characterised by saturation and the maturity of the category. This expected performance, however, is more positive than was seen i...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Prebiotics in both US$ Million and Metric Tons. The US market is further analyzed by the following Product Segments: Mannan-Oligosaccharide (MOS), Fructa...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Artificial Sweeteners in US$ Thousands by the following Major Product Classes: Aspartame, Acesulfame Potassium, Saccharin, Sucralose, and Others. The rep...
Published every year since 1996, our 12 Key Trends is the only trends analysis that enables you to differentiate enduring trends from short-term fads and understand how to use them successfully in you...
This forecast report on Beta-Glucans covers an in-depth analysis of Beta-Glucan ingredients manufacturers and ingredients characteristics in relation to raw material use and extraction methods. The re...
This forecast and market trend report on Beta-Carotenes covers an in-depth analysis of Beta- Carotenes ingredientss manufacturers and ingredientss products characteristics in relation to raw material ...
This report provides a concise overview of the Confectionery market in the UK. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioural trends ...
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- General Mills launches Greek yoghurt in Australia
- Dairy Crest earnings fall
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details