EU: "Food browning" process linked to cancer risk - EFSA
EFSA links food browning process to cancer risk
The European Food Safety Authority has linked the presence of acrylamide -a chemical produced by the same process that browns food - to potentially increased cancer risks in consumers of all age groups.
The EFSA said: "Coffee, fried potato products, biscuits, crackers and crisp breads, soft bread and certain baby foods are important dietary sources of acrylamide."
The food safety body has opened a public consultation on its findings, which will run until 15 September. The deadline for EFSA to adopt a final opinion is June 2015.
"Once finalised, EFSA's scientific advice will support European and national decision-makers to consider possible measures to further reduce consumer exposure to this substance in food," the EFSA said.
Yoghurt in France is expected to see 1% current value growth in 2014, characterised by saturation and the maturity of the category. This expected performance, however, is more positive than was seen i...
NAH Foods Ltd is the company behind the brand Eat Water, which offers consumers pasta, noodles and rice products that contain up to just 21 calories per serving. The company has had great success with...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Prebiotics in both US$ Million and Metric Tons. The US market is further analyzed by the following Product Segments: Mannan-Oligosaccharide (MOS), Fructa...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Artificial Sweeteners in US$ Thousands by the following Major Product Classes: Aspartame, Acesulfame Potassium, Saccharin, Sucralose, and Others. The rep...
Published every year since 1996, our 12 Key Trends is the only trends analysis that enables you to differentiate enduring trends from short-term fads and understand how to use them successfully in you...
This forecast report on Beta-Glucans covers an in-depth analysis of Beta-Glucan ingredients manufacturers and ingredients characteristics in relation to raw material use and extraction methods. The re...
This forecast and market trend report on Beta-Carotenes covers an in-depth analysis of Beta- Carotenes ingredientss manufacturers and ingredientss products characteristics in relation to raw material ...
BioGaia AB (BioGaia) is a Healthcare company. The company develops markets and sells probiotic products. It sells its probiotic products in the form of drops, lozenges, tablets, chewable tablets, stra...
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019