AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND: Food chief slams misinformation on GM foods
Anzfa's Managing Director Ian Lindenmayer has expressed disappointment at recent attempts by some anti-GM lobby groups to spread misinformation about the safety and labelling of genetically modified (GM) foods. In particular, Lindenmayer said that Gene Ethics Network's Bob Phelps and the Public Health Association's Dr Judy Carmen had deliberately sought to whip up public anxiety over the safety of the food supply in relation to GM foods in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre