EU: Food co-ops should cooperate in cyberspace - Commission
Food industry cooperatives have been encouraged by the European Commission to use the Internet as a way of improving communications with fellow producers and processors, distributors and customers. Speaking to the Praesidium of EU cooperative movement COGECA, information society commissioner Erkki Liikanen said: "Cooperatives have a major economic interest in linking members to their networks. Once comprehensive, it may show its full benefits. A broad network has capacity to produce unique information, and access to it becomes a real asset." He said that the Commission was preparing a programme to encourage Internet use by food co-ops, with a policy document "Cooperatives in Enterprise Europe" being published this year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review