USA: Food company announces site for new facility
Officials of Seaboard Farms, Inc., a leading producer and processor of fresh pork, announced today their second hog processing facility will be built in Elwood, Kan. The announcement comes after nearly three years of investigating the Great Bend, Kan. region as a possible site.Rick Hoffman, CEO of Seaboard Farms, traveled to Great Bend to personally deliver the news, shortly after a press conference in Elwood, Kan.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast