USA: Food Distributors International (FDI) and Food Marketing Institute (FMI) Building Another e-marketplace?
The saga began in April, when Food Distributors International (FDI), which represents wholesalers that mostly sell to smaller chains and independent stores, announced an alliance with the Food Marketing Institute (FMI), which represents nearly all the United States and global grocery store chains, plus major distributors. However, influential grocery chains (Safeway, Kroger, etc.) were already signing up for e-marketplaces that would also sell them actual merchandise, such as
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review