GERMANY: Food industry association warns against the spectre of BSE
Food industry association BVE has warned that the mad cow crisis may wreck last year's improved 3.2% sales growth on all foods. "The existence of enterprises and employment levels in the meat processing industry are at great risk," BVE said in its annual report. It added that as many as 40,000 jobs out of a total 112,000 in the meat processing sector were at risk after demand for beef fell by 67%, and for meat in by 24%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid