USA: Food industry heats up with latest e-commerce trends, reveals Thomas Food Industry Register and American Express
As e-commerce continues to intensify in the business-to-business sector, the food industry has taken a giant leap forward in adopting electronic methods for locating products, according to FoodTRENDS(TM) 2000, a comprehensive annual study on purchasing trends among food industry buyers and specifiers.FoodTRENDS(TM) 2000 clearly indicates that the food industry is keeping pace with the surging world of e-commerce in terms of electronic sourcing/purchasing and the development of credit/charge card usage. The survey found that areas seeing significant growth include sourcing/purchasing on the Internet or with proprietary software, e-mail communication, and credit card acceptance and use for wholesale purchases.The survey sponsored by Thomas Food Industry Register and American Express examined three key market segments -- restaurants with fewer than six units, wholesalers/distributors, and food processors."The majority of food industry executives are sourcing via the Internet," says Linda Rigano, Publisher of Thomas Food Industry Register. "With wider product selection online, the ability to buy direct, and the convenience of shopping during non-business hours, more than 80% of respondents expect their online purchases to increase over the next two years."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report