USA: Food Industry is 'leading efforts to address issue of allergens in foods,' says NFPA
Commenting on a report by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration on food industry practices related to allergens in food products, Dr. Rhona Applebaum, Executive Vice President of the National Food Processors Association (NFPA), made the following statement: "The food industry takes the issue of food allergens very seriously. We have taken the lead in developing manufacturing practices to help avoid the inclusion of any unlabeled allergens in food products. This report will be useful in helping industry to further enhance its efforts to ensure that all potential food allergens are clearly labeled on food packages, and that no inadvertent allergens are contained in food products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre