Food industry news of the week - Ackman and Mondelez, Maggi, Nakd
Activist US investor Bill Ackman got the market talking this week with the disclosure he has invested in Mondelez International. Could he be betting on an eventual bid for the Cadbury owner from the new Kraft Heinz Co.? Meanwhile, the row over the Maggi continued, with India's food safety watchdog brushing off tests that appeared to clear Nestle's noodles. And three UK snacks businesses hit the headlines. The owners of Nakd owner Natural Balance Foods are weighing up their options, Bear owner Urban Fresh Foods is looking at ways to expand internationally - which could involve investment in the business. And crisp firm Tyrrells snapped up an Australian snack maker.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review