Food industry news of the week - Ackman and Mondelez, Maggi, Nakd
Activist US investor Bill Ackman got the market talking this week with the disclosure he has invested in Mondelez International. Could he be betting on an eventual bid for the Cadbury owner from the new Kraft Heinz Co.? Meanwhile, the row over the Maggi continued, with India's food safety watchdog brushing off tests that appeared to clear Nestle's noodles. And three UK snacks businesses hit the headlines. The owners of Nakd owner Natural Balance Foods are weighing up their options, Bear owner Urban Fresh Foods is looking at ways to expand internationally - which could involve investment in the business. And crisp firm Tyrrells snapped up an Australian snack maker.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund