Food industry news of the week - Ackman and Mondelez, Maggi, Nakd
Activist US investor Bill Ackman got the market talking this week with the disclosure he has invested in Mondelez International. Could he be betting on an eventual bid for the Cadbury owner from the new Kraft Heinz Co.? Meanwhile, the row over the Maggi continued, with India's food safety watchdog brushing off tests that appeared to clear Nestle's noodles. And three UK snacks businesses hit the headlines. The owners of Nakd owner Natural Balance Foods are weighing up their options, Bear owner Urban Fresh Foods is looking at ways to expand internationally - which could involve investment in the business. And crisp firm Tyrrells snapped up an Australian snack maker.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife