Food industry news of the week - Bear snacks takeover, Fonterra sells yoghurt unit, General Mills' new forecasts
Belgium's Lotus Bakeries this week struck its second piece acquisition in the UK in four months, with a deal to buy Bear snacks owner Urban Fresh Foods. Our M&A pages also included news Fonterra is selling its Australian yoghurt business to Lactalis's Parmalat and Ornua is offloading US distribution asset DPI. Elsewhere, the Russian central bank said domestic producers had, in most categories, failed to meet the shortfall in production from Moscow's import restrictions on the west.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre