Food industry news of the week - Bear snacks takeover, Fonterra sells yoghurt unit, General Mills' new forecasts
Belgium's Lotus Bakeries this week struck its second piece acquisition in the UK in four months, with a deal to buy Bear snacks owner Urban Fresh Foods. Our M&A pages also included news Fonterra is selling its Australian yoghurt business to Lactalis's Parmalat and Ornua is offloading US distribution asset DPI. Elsewhere, the Russian central bank said domestic producers had, in most categories, failed to meet the shortfall in production from Moscow's import restrictions on the west.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations