Food industry news of the week - Boulder Brands, Chicken of the Sea, Unilever
The US food sector saw another major takeover this week with Pinnacle Foods agreeing to pay US$975m for free-from group Boulder Brands. The country could soon see another, with Thai Union Group saying there are "serious" buyers lined up for Chicken of the Sea - a business it is willing to sell to secure another US asset, Bumble Bee Foods. And, ahead of the climate change talks in Paris next week, Unilever announced plans for its operations to be "carbon positive" in 15 years.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses