Food industry news of the week - Boulder Brands, Chicken of the Sea, Unilever
The US food sector saw another major takeover this week with Pinnacle Foods agreeing to pay US$975m for free-from group Boulder Brands. The country could soon see another, with Thai Union Group saying there are "serious" buyers lined up for Chicken of the Sea - a business it is willing to sell to secure another US asset, Bumble Bee Foods. And, ahead of the climate change talks in Paris next week, Unilever announced plans for its operations to be "carbon positive" in 15 years.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre