Food industry news of the week - Brexit, Kellogg's new VC-style fund, Lamb Weston merger talk
The UK has voted to leave the EU, arguably the most significant event in the country since 1945. just-food is providing rolling coverage of the snap reaction from the food sector and the investment community on the result. Elsewhere this week, Kellogg became the latest US food major to set up an investment vehicle to back fledgling, on-trend businesses. Staying in the US, there were claims there have been talks over a possible merger between Post Holdings and ConAgra Foods' Lamb Weston division. In Europe, France's lower house dropped plans to up the tax on palm oil but the country's government is still looking at how it taxes food oils.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK sets 20% sugar cut guidelines for food industry