Food industry news of the week - Brexit, Kellogg's new VC-style fund, Lamb Weston merger talk
The UK has voted to leave the EU, arguably the most significant event in the country since 1945. just-food is providing rolling coverage of the snap reaction from the food sector and the investment community on the result. Elsewhere this week, Kellogg became the latest US food major to set up an investment vehicle to back fledgling, on-trend businesses. Staying in the US, there were claims there have been talks over a possible merger between Post Holdings and ConAgra Foods' Lamb Weston division. In Europe, France's lower house dropped plans to up the tax on palm oil but the country's government is still looking at how it taxes food oils.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife