Food industry news of the week - Brexit, Kellogg's new VC-style fund, Lamb Weston merger talk
The UK has voted to leave the EU, arguably the most significant event in the country since 1945. just-food is providing rolling coverage of the snap reaction from the food sector and the investment community on the result. Elsewhere this week, Kellogg became the latest US food major to set up an investment vehicle to back fledgling, on-trend businesses. Staying in the US, there were claims there have been talks over a possible merger between Post Holdings and ConAgra Foods' Lamb Weston division. In Europe, France's lower house dropped plans to up the tax on palm oil but the country's government is still looking at how it taxes food oils.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs