Food industry news of the week - Coca-Cola testing dairy waters, Arla reshapes for growth, Mondelez scrutiny
Coca-Cola continued to demonstrate its growing interest in the dairy sector this week, with an investment in a business in Nigeria. Staying in dairy, Arla Foods, looking to accelerate its growth, announced plans to create "an organisation fit for the future" and said 500 jobs would go, while Lactalis and Emmi made more acquisitions. Mondelez International, meanwhile, published its annual results and set out sales and margin targets - then watched its shares fall.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund