Food industry news of the week - Coca-Cola testing dairy waters, Arla reshapes for growth, Mondelez scrutiny
Coca-Cola continued to demonstrate its growing interest in the dairy sector this week, with an investment in a business in Nigeria. Staying in dairy, Arla Foods, looking to accelerate its growth, announced plans to create "an organisation fit for the future" and said 500 jobs would go, while Lactalis and Emmi made more acquisitions. Mondelez International, meanwhile, published its annual results and set out sales and margin targets - then watched its shares fall.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife