Food industry news of the week - Diamond Foods, Dairy Crest, UK sugar debate
The speculation over the future of Kettle Chips owner Diamond Foods stepped up a gear this week with claims in the US the company is in advanced talks to sell up to Kellogg. One notable deal cleared an important hurdle after UK competition officials cleared Muller's move to buy Dairy Crest's liquid milk business. And the debate over sugar in the country intensified after executive agency Public Health England called for a series of measures - including a tax - to cut intake.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid