Food industry news of the week - Diamond Foods, Kraft Heinz plants review, WHO meat study
A takeover of Diamond Foods was announced this week - but Kellogg was not unveiled as the buyer of the Kettle Chips owner. Snyder's-Lance has struck a US$1.91bn cash-and-shares deal to buy its fellow US snacks group. Staying in the US, Kraft Heinz Co. has put three domestic plants under review, while the streamlining of General Mills' production network is now taking in plants in the UK and New Zealand. On our interview pages, we carried a two-parter with the CFO of vegetables giant Bonduelle.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs