Food industry news of the week - Diamond Foods, Kraft Heinz plants review, WHO meat study
A takeover of Diamond Foods was announced this week - but Kellogg was not unveiled as the buyer of the Kettle Chips owner. Snyder's-Lance has struck a US$1.91bn cash-and-shares deal to buy its fellow US snacks group. Staying in the US, Kraft Heinz Co. has put three domestic plants under review, while the streamlining of General Mills' production network is now taking in plants in the UK and New Zealand. On our interview pages, we carried a two-parter with the CFO of vegetables giant Bonduelle.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival