Food industry news of the week - Diamond Foods, Kraft Heinz plants review, WHO meat study
A takeover of Diamond Foods was announced this week - but Kellogg was not unveiled as the buyer of the Kettle Chips owner. Snyder's-Lance has struck a US$1.91bn cash-and-shares deal to buy its fellow US snacks group. Staying in the US, Kraft Heinz Co. has put three domestic plants under review, while the streamlining of General Mills' production network is now taking in plants in the UK and New Zealand. On our interview pages, we carried a two-parter with the CFO of vegetables giant Bonduelle.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti