Food industry news of the week - Epic Provisions, Fox's, Danone in Russia
General Mills this week announced another acquisition, following up its move for Brazilian yoghurt maker before Christmas with a deal for US meat snacks firm Epic Provisions. Ahead of the holiday period, speculation emerged UK company 2 Sisters Food Group was seeing what interest there is in the market for its biscuits unit Fox's, although the talk was cooled this week. Elsewhere, Danone said it would end production at two plants in Russia, PepsiCo was upbeat about the prospects for Doritos in India and the US reacted to the release of the latest Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units