Food industry news of the week - Epic Provisions, Fox's, Danone in Russia
General Mills this week announced another acquisition, following up its move for Brazilian yoghurt maker before Christmas with a deal for US meat snacks firm Epic Provisions. Ahead of the holiday period, speculation emerged UK company 2 Sisters Food Group was seeing what interest there is in the market for its biscuits unit Fox's, although the talk was cooled this week. Elsewhere, Danone said it would end production at two plants in Russia, PepsiCo was upbeat about the prospects for Doritos in India and the US reacted to the release of the latest Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti