Food industry news of the week - "Fake" formula in China, Danone India capex, latest on Premier Foods
China again found itself the centre of fresh claims over the authenticity of infant formula this week, with arrests made over the alleged selling of fake products under brands owned by Abbott and Beingmate. Danone, meanwhile, announced plans to invest in its formula business in India. McCormick & Co. takeover target Premier Foods said it had had "constructive" talks with its US suitor and we ran an interview with the CMO of Enjoy Life Foods, the US free-from business owned by Mondelez International.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch