Food industry news of the week - Fazer snaps up Mondelez International brands Jaffa, Domino and Fanipala, Hershey acquires Ripple Brand Collective, MG's Gary Helou, Brad Hingle step down
Mondelez International announced another set of disposals in Europe, this time of its biscuit brands, Domino, Jaffa and Fanipala to Fazer Group. The snacks giant also had its first quarter numbers out this week as did Hershey which, alongside its own numbers, announced the acquisition of US firm Ripple Brand Collective, the owner of the BarkThins brand. In executive news this week, Murray Goulburn MD Gary Helou and CFO Brad Hingle announced their departures and Mondelez's Mark Clouse joined Pinnacle Foods as CEO.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega