Food industry news of the week – Ferrero & Thorntons, JBS & Moy Park
This week has been bumper for food sector M&A. Ferrero announced that it is gobbling up UK chocolate maker Thorntons. JBS is taking control of Moy Park from heavily indebted Brazilian meat group Marfrig. Grupo Bimbo also announced it has purchased parts of Spanish baker Panrico. Meanwhile, in the world of retail, Delhaize and Ahold revealed plans to combine. Here is just-food's top news and insight coverage from this week.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill