Food industry news of the week - Green Giant, Just Mayo, VSI
A deal for Green Giant could be nearing with claims US group B&G Foods is in advanced talks to buy the business from General Mills. Elsewhere, eight companies have expressed interest in Australia's Brownes Dairy, while one sale that was announced this week was the acquisition of European snack bar maker VSI by US co-packer Hearthside Food Solutions. And one story that caught your attention was upstart US egg-free mayo maker Just Mayo coming under fire from the country's food watchdog.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast