Food industry news of the week - McCain Foods, Good Culture, Parmalat
Privately-owned frozen food group McCain Foods moved to beef up its business in Europe this week, with the acquisition of a majority stake in Dutch frozen snacks supplier Van Geloven. In the US, General Mills announced it had made another investment through its start-up fund, 301 Inc., buying into cottage cheese maker Good Culture. Parmalat made a surprise announcement on Thursday, revealing it would have to elect a new board after three directors resigned.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs