Food industry news of the week - McCain Foods, Good Culture, Parmalat
Privately-owned frozen food group McCain Foods moved to beef up its business in Europe this week, with the acquisition of a majority stake in Dutch frozen snacks supplier Van Geloven. In the US, General Mills announced it had made another investment through its start-up fund, 301 Inc., buying into cottage cheese maker Good Culture. Parmalat made a surprise announcement on Thursday, revealing it would have to elect a new board after three directors resigned.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant