Food industry news of the week - McCormick interest in Premier Foods, US majors make GMO label pledge, General Mills yoghurt woes
Premier Foods again grabbed the industry headlines this week - but this time the story is less about its future as a viable business and more its status as an independent company, with US group McCormick & Co. eyeing the business. In the US, a number of the country's largest food manufacturers announced plans to introduce GMO labelling. Meanwhile, one of those companies - General Mills - published its third-quarter results, with its domestic yoghurt business looking a problem area.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth