Food industry news of the week - McCormick snaps up Gourmet Garden owner, Almarai eyes UAE acquisition, Danone claims progress
McCormick & Co., days after dropping its interest in Premier Foods, this week announced a smaller acquisition, buying Botanical Food Co., an Australia-based maker of chilled herbs - and we expect more M&A to follow from the US spices giant. Elsewhere, Saudi food group Almarai revealed it is looking to take control of the UAE's National Food Products Co. Danone published its first-quarter sales and claimed it was making progress towards its goal of accelerating its annual sales growth by 2020. And we interviewed Ireland's BFree Foods, which believes its recipes will help it grow in a crowded free-from sector.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance