Food industry news of the week - McCormick snaps up Gourmet Garden owner, Almarai eyes UAE acquisition, Danone claims progress
McCormick & Co., days after dropping its interest in Premier Foods, this week announced a smaller acquisition, buying Botanical Food Co., an Australia-based maker of chilled herbs - and we expect more M&A to follow from the US spices giant. Elsewhere, Saudi food group Almarai revealed it is looking to take control of the UAE's National Food Products Co. Danone published its first-quarter sales and claimed it was making progress towards its goal of accelerating its annual sales growth by 2020. And we interviewed Ireland's BFree Foods, which believes its recipes will help it grow in a crowded free-from sector.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery