Food industry news of the week - McCormick snaps up Gourmet Garden owner, Almarai eyes UAE acquisition, Danone claims progress
McCormick & Co., days after dropping its interest in Premier Foods, this week announced a smaller acquisition, buying Botanical Food Co., an Australia-based maker of chilled herbs - and we expect more M&A to follow from the US spices giant. Elsewhere, Saudi food group Almarai revealed it is looking to take control of the UAE's National Food Products Co. Danone published its first-quarter sales and claimed it was making progress towards its goal of accelerating its annual sales growth by 2020. And we interviewed Ireland's BFree Foods, which believes its recipes will help it grow in a crowded free-from sector.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO