Food industry news of the week - Metcalfe's Skinny, Hain Celestial, Ornua
Diamond Foods, itself set to be sold to US snacks group Snyder's-Lance, this week took a stake in UK popcorn maker Metcalfe's Skinny. Our M&A pages featured a number of deals, including the move for Chinese dairy group Ambrosia by Irish co-op Ornua. At the ICR investment conference in Florida, the new owner of Green Giant, B&G Foods, said it was interested in more acquisitions in the frozen food sector, while Hain Celestial told delegates it could withstand greater competition in the US natural and organic sectors.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- Buffett: no back-up deal for Kraft Heinz
- Kraft Heinz "substantially undervalued" Unilever