Food industry news of the week - Metcalfe's Skinny, Hain Celestial, Ornua
Diamond Foods, itself set to be sold to US snacks group Snyder's-Lance, this week took a stake in UK popcorn maker Metcalfe's Skinny. Our M&A pages featured a number of deals, including the move for Chinese dairy group Ambrosia by Irish co-op Ornua. At the ICR investment conference in Florida, the new owner of Green Giant, B&G Foods, said it was interested in more acquisitions in the frozen food sector, while Hain Celestial told delegates it could withstand greater competition in the US natural and organic sectors.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund