Food industry news of the week - Russia ban, Maggi ruling, Findus
Russia this week said it would extend its restrictions on food imports to four more countries. In India, the ban on Nestle's Maggi noodles was overturned - although the products will have to be tested again. In the US, Kraft Heinz Co. announced plans to cut 2,500 jobs, while co-investor Warren Buffett cooled talk over a bid - in the short term at least - for Mondelez International. And in Europe, Nomad Foods struck a deal to buy Findus Group's operations in seven markets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units