EU: Food industry outperforming other sectors - MEMBERS
Eurostat, the European Union's statistical agency, has praised Europe's food industry for performing well regarding productivity, with growth from 1990-2000 being above that for manufacturing at 2.1% per annum. The figures are split up amongst EU Member States and show that for the meat industry, the most efficient country was Denmark, at €46,100 (US$45,042) per person and the least efficient was Portugal at €14,700.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund